It seems like just yesterday that we posted a blog about spring and early summer events in Avalon and Cape May County. But before the kids return to school, Labor Day weekend draws nearer, and summer 2018 becomes a distant memory, here are some fun-filled upcoming events in August and September for those who are looking to soak up the last bit of summer fun.
- August 23rd, 2018. Even if the first glimpses of fall are in the air, the weather is still warm and pleasant for an outdoor concert. On August 23rd, come see Robert Eric (Billy Joel Tribute) at Veterans Plaza. Activities begin at 5:30 pm and the concert begins at 7 pm.
- August 25th, 2018. On Saturday, August 25th, make your way down to the Downtown Shopping District for the annual Stone Harbor Sidewalk Sale by the Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce. Shopping begins promptly at 9 am and goes until 7pm.
- August 26th, 2018. Any time of the year is a great time to give. Visit the Avalon Yacht Club to watch over 850 participants in the annual Tim Kerr Charities Cedar Island 5K Swim on Sunday, August 26th beginning promptly at 8:28am. Enjoy some delicious, award-winning cream donuts, bagels, and bars from Kosher’s Bakery and bananas after the swim.
- September 1st, 2018. Once of the most enjoyable things about the Fall is football. Kick off September on the right foot by joining or watching the Shore Touch Football Tournament at the Stone Harbor Recreation Field at 8100 Second Ave on September 1st. Tournaments go all day starting at 9 am until 5 pm.
- September 1st, 2018. Want the kids to get in some last-minute swim time before the end of the summer and make a difference? Tim Kerr Charities is hosting their annual Splash N’ Dash event at the Avalon Community Hall on September 1st. The Splash N’ Dash begins at 6:30 pm and has multiple events for ages ranging from 7 to 15.
- September 2nd, 2018. Celebrate 30 years of giving and success with Tim Kerr Charities by participating or attending the annual 7-mile Island Run and 5K Run/Walk event on Sunday, September 2nd. The event starts at Avalon Community Hall at 8:30 am.
- September 7th – September 9th, 2018. Although many might be saddened to see the summer go, the end of the summer also means big sales and savings for avid shoppers. Swing by the Avalon Shopping District and scoop up summer savings during the annual Avalon Chamber End-of-Summer Shop Hop. The Shop Hop begins on Friday, September 7th and goes until approximately 2:45 pm on Sunday, September 9th.
- September 7th – September 9th, 2018. If you love food trucks, then you don’t want to miss this event. Visit your favorite food trucks at the 5th Annual Sea Isle City Food Truck Festival at Kix McNutley’s at 63rd Street and Landis Avenue. This famous food truck festival begins on Friday, September 7th and goes until Sunday, September 9th, open daily from Noon until 9 pm.
- September 8th, 2018. If you are looking to soak up as much outdoor time as possible, then stop by the Stone Harbor Downtown Shopping District for the annual Get in Gear: Exceptional Bike ‘n Stroll Experience with the Burke Motor Group and Harbor Bike and Beach Shop.You can bike, stroll, or run up to 100 miles along the scenic Jersey Shore. The event begins at 9 am and goes until approximately 7 pm. Enjoy complimentary lunch, snacks, beer, wine tastings, seafood, sushi, ice cream and more! All proceeds benefit local students.
- September 8th, 2018. On Saturday, September 8th, the Helen L. Diller Vacation Home ffalor Blind Children is hosting their annual Barefoot Ball from 5 pm until 9 pm at the Windrift Hotel Resort. Make a donation or kick your shoes off to show your support!
- September 15th, 2018. Come by and enjoy the 23rd Annual Nuns’ Beach Surf Contest at the Villa Maria by the Sea in Stone Harbor at 111th Street Beach. This fun-filled event begins at 7 am. For more information, visit their Facebook page or call 609-368-5290.
- September 15th, 2018. Fall is just around the corner, so why not embrace the start of the season by visiting the Fall Family Festival? This seaside festival features over 300 vendors, food court, live music, amusement rides and a wealth of children’s activities. The festival is held at JFK Blvd and Promenade, Sea Isle City on Saturday, September 15th from 9 am until 4pm.
- September 22nd, 2018. As visitors return home, the kids go back to school, and the summer says goodbye, it’s also when our beautiful, feathered friends that also spend their summers on the Jersey Shore fly south for the winter. The Wetlands Institute’s annual Fall Migration Festival is a great event for wishing the many bird species a safe trip. The Wetlands Institute is located at 1075 Stone Harbor Blvd.
- September 22nd, 2018. Now that summer is officially over, there’s still a chance to “savor September” at the 6th Annual Food, Wine & Beer Festival. Swing by the 96th Street Shopping District for some food, wine, and beer—and really make it a September to remember.
- September 29th, 2018. If you love music, here is your chance to get one last outdoor concert in for the year. On September 29th, attend the APAC Concert Jerry Blavat, The Geater with the Heater at the Avalon Community Hall. Doors open at 6:30 pm and the show begins at 7 pm.
So, there you have it—a complete lineup of events to enjoy as the summer comes to a close and Autumn “falls” upon us. Get out there and soak up the last bit of summer before welcoming Fall in Avalon and Cape May County.